A Job So Hot, It’s Cool!
Lifeguard Jobs and Lifeguard Training – No Experience Required
Many positions are available now in Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), West Virginia (WV), and the District of Columbia (DC).
Community Pool Service offers seasonal and year-round, full and part time employment opportunities for individuals 15 years of age and up. Begin your aquatics career or continue to develop your skills and knowledge with Community Pool Service.
Currently Hiring Lifeguards, Pool Managers and Area Supervisors
- Lifeguard – Must be at least 15 years of age, no experience required. Lifeguard maintains a safe and clean pool environment. Must be able to pass Lifeguarding and CPR classes.
- Gate Guard – A gate guard controls access to each club. They greet and check in all members and their guests, answer phones and handle reservations for special events. Must be at least 14 years of age.
- Swim Instructor – Must be at least 16 years of age, be a good swimmer and be able to work well with children.
- Pool Manager – Must be at least 18 years of age, 2 years experience is required. Must be able to maintain a swimming facility and manage a small staff.
- Area Supervisor – Must be at least 18 years of age, 2 years experience is required. Supervisors are responsible for managing 10-12 pools within a certain geographic area.
- Staffer/Recruiter– Must be at least 18 years of age. Staffers are responsible for hiring and scheduling lifeguards at multiple facilities.
- Lifeguard Instructor – Must be at least 18 years of age, 1 year experience is required. Must show a dedication to safety and be able to work well with others. Must pass several certification courses.
- Pool Cleaner – Must be at least 18 years of age. Pool cleaners prepare swimming pools for opening, clean the pool structures, set up furniture and prepare the bathhouses, guard offices and filter rooms. Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Grow Your Skill Set
- CPR Training- This emergency procedure will extend life until normal breathing and blood flow can be reestablished. It is a valuable skill for anyone, and is practiced by the military and emergency medical personnel worldwide.
- First Aid Training- First aid is simple, but the potentially lifesaving techniques are used to initially treat illness or injury. Learn how to prevent, recognize and properly deal with emergencies that arise.
- Lifeguard Training- American Red Cross certified lifeguard training builds skills to help you protect the safety of guests, in and out of the water.
- AED Training- Portable automated external defibrillator allows the heart to reestablish its regular rhythm in a cardiac emergency. You will be trained to operate the device and identify situations where an AED is needed.
Grow Your Bank Account
- Community Pool Service offers competitive compensation that is higher than industry standards.
- Refer your friends to become lifeguards with us. If you recommend a lifeguard or someone who becomes a lifeguard, you’ll get a bonus!
- We offer bonuses based on your work performance.
Take the skills and certifications you gain from Community Pool Service onto your next job or career, regardless of the field or type of work. Add another dimension to your resume:
- Leadership – gain leadership skills by managing, scheduling and supervising lifeguard staff and assistants and providing work related guidance.
- Team building/teamwork – work as a functional member of the group by mastering emergency preparedness procedures and techniques.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution – help guests and employees overcome possible disputes with conflict resolution. Use your problem solving skills to provide alternatives to use with limited equipment at pool facilities.
- Emergency and crisis management – learn how to keep calm in emergency situations by practicing critical skills and in-service training.
- Customer service and hospitality – your smile, good attitude and attention to detail ensure our patrons and guests have a safe, clean and enjoyable pool experience all summer.